Anonymous visitors to websites identified by VisualVisitor (http://www NULL.visualvisitor NULL.com), or one of their competitors, can be successfully targeted to receive the type of promotional collateral proven to build brand awareness.
Press releases are an excellent choice for this type of activity. Here’s how to identify recipients:
- Select businesses to receive your press release information from the leads list provided by VisualVisitor for your website
- Check your internal CRM system for any identified contact from the businesses selected in 1)
- Use social media resources, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google + to add contacts who you can reach
- Add these contacts to your internal CRM system
- Where possible, send a link to your press release, along with a one paragraph précis of the release, directly to targeted recipients by email
- Where an email address is not available, make careful use of messaging features of social media to send the same message to targeted recipients
- After sending the press release, note the activity in your internal CRM and schedule another message three (3) months out
This system will help you build marketplace awareness for your brand. We write and publish press releases with PRweb (http://www NULL.prweb NULL.com) We’ve seen a marked improvement in clicks to our client’s website since implementing VisualVisitor on a blog that we produce for the client.
You will note we recommend scheduling a second email, or social media message to targeted recipients ninety (90) days from your first direct marketing effort. We chose a date several months out to spare the contact from the type of excessive contact activity we’ve noted as the norm for drip email marketing campaigns. Keep in mind, your effort is meant to introduce your brand to the recipient, not to sell your product. Should the recipient have a need for a product in your market in the future, chances are he or she will look further into your offer once your brand has been introduced through this method.
IMB Enterprises, Inc. has considerable recent experience working with direct marketing programs for early stage businesses with technology products. If your business can use a more effective direct marketing program, please contact us to discuss what you need.
Ira Michael Blonder (https://plus NULL.google NULL.com/108970003169613491972/posts?tab=XX?rel=author)
© IMB Enterprises, Inc. & Ira Michael Blonder, 2013 All Rights Reserved