We’ve been using VisualVisitor for just about a week as of today, April 29, 2013. The best application we’ve found is to use this tool to build online exposure for our websites.
Once a business is verified as a website visitor we search our existing contacts for matching names. If we can’t find any (often the case), we use LinkedIn, JigSaw, etc. to identify any contacts likely to have an interest in the products on our websites. If we find the names we’re after, we’ll place a telephone call to solicit a valid email address for the person. If we aren’t able to locate a legitimate email address for one of these leads, we usually delete it. There have simply been far too many leads coming in to spend extra time trying to engage with prospects where we can’t produce a working email address or telephone number.
But where we’ve come up with reliable contact information, we’re using it to spread word about our sites. We compose an email message with a broad set of information about our sites. We don’t try to determine if a specific contact actually visited our site, or not. A couple of conversations we had with contacts early in this trial produced revealed contact sensitivity about the sites they visit, why they visit them, etc. So we decided to entirely drop this effort from our campaigns.
As we mentioned in earlier posts on this topic, where a business is small enough to produce a workable set of prospects, a prompt follow up email should produce some useful results, meaning opportunities for direct engagement. But we can’t make claims to have produced this type of result, at least as of now, with the follow up editorial content we’ve sent out to date. We expect to see an increase in site traffic, as well as some repeat visits and will report any successes we experience right away.
In the meantime, if you’d like to learn more about VisualVisitor, or its competitors please contact us.
© IMB Enterprises, Inc. & Ira Michael Blonder, 2013 All Rights Reserved