We use a lead ranking system built on:
- Lead Value and
- Lead Maturity, meaning the position of a lead in a specific lead maturity cycle
We implement our lead ranking system to provide clients with a realistic picture of sales opportunities over time.
Let’s look at the second of these factors first, lead maturity. Our maturity plan for leads includes the following stages:
- Initial conversation with an unqualified contact
- Follow up conversation about some information that has been exchanged with this unqualified contact
- A conversation about a point of interest expressed by this unqualified contact. This point of interest is somehow related to information already exchanged
- An unspecified number of conversations with additional contacts at the same prospect business to determine whether the unqualified contact is someone who can make a decision about a purchase for your product or service
- An unspecified number of conversations with additional contacts at the same prospect business to determine areas of interest as well as potential requirements for products or services offered by your business
- Assembling a list of contacts at the prospect business who should participate in a discussion about your product or service as a solution for requirements either formalized or at some informal stage
- Meeting with a group of contacts at the prospect business who would like to discuss further points of interest or potential areas of need for your product or service. These contacts should be selected from the individuals unearthed through steps 4 and 5 above
- Meeting with a contact, or a group of contacts who have been verified as decision makers for a purchase requirement that has been budgeted by the prospect business that calls for a product or service that corresponds to what your business offers
Once the 8th step in this process has been successfully completed (meaning that the prospect business would like to proceed further with the discussion) then the lead can be said, per our system, to be mature and ready for transition to sales for further development as a bonafide sales opportunity.
Our experience is that telemarketing teams present an excellent opportunity to progress leads through our maturity cycle to step 8. The time required to move a lead through each of these stages in development is a variable. The process can be faster or more retarded depending on the type of product and target market. What is important is that enough information be collected through each of these steps to make a best possible effort to ensure that time is not wasted on what Jeff Thull refers to as “Dry Runs.”
Obviously there are many steps within the progress of a lead through our 8 stages of maturity. We would be happy to elaborate on our model upon request. Please call Ira Michael Blonder at +1 631-673-2929. You may also email Mike at email@example.com to further a discussion.
© IMB Enterprises, Inc. & Ira Michael Blonder, 2012 All Rights Reserved